After reading and understanding the admission criteria detailed below, proceed to our main admission portal
We are pleased to invite applications for first year and direct entry admissions to undergraduate programmes from purpose-driven and ambitious candidates, parents and sponsors.HOW?
If you desire to actualize your creative genius, to become a National and Global Leader, to learn in a serene, secular, diverse and focused environment under the tutelage of some of the brightest and best lecturers and mentors; have 5 O' Level credits, or A' Level papers, approved Diploma or first degree. For Direct Entry admission, you need to register for JAMB
- ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (Economics & Development Studies, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Mass Communication, Political Science & Public Administration, International Relations, Sociology & Anthropology, Theatre Arts)
- SANUSI LAMIDO SANUSI COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT STUDIES (Accounting, Banking & Finance, Business Administration)
- OBA EREDUAUWA COLLEGE OF LAW (Bachelor of Law, LL.B)
- GENERAL ABDULSALAMI ABUBAKAR COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING (Civil, Chemical, Computer, Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering)
- OBA OKUNADE SIJUWADE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES (Medicine & Surgery, Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Nursing Science)
- COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry, Computer Science & Information Technology, Microbiology)
- DORA AKUNYILI COLLEGE OF PHARMACY (Pharmacy)
10 REASONS WHY IGBINEDION UNIVERSITY OKADA IS NIGERIA'S PRIVATE UNIVERSITY OF CHIOCE
- Top 10 Law College in Nigeria
- First Private University to produce Medical Doctors (Since 2007)
- 60% of Graduates in Graduate Schools in North America and Europe (All graduates of Igbinedion University, Okada are fully exempted from writing TOEFL exam as prerequisite for admission into Canadian Universities).
- Graduate job placement scheme, assuring employment before graduation.
- Global Networks, Linkages and Collaborations offering access to the Global World of Learning
- Multi-religious, Multicultural, Upholder of dignified Freedom.
- Affordable, Low budget tuition and accommodation + flexible payment plan.
- Highest number of full professors in Private University sector + experienced and world renowned lecturers
- Producer of literary Giants-Students and Graduates are award winners and authors of famous and choice books
- Pioneer and Champion of Entrepreneurship in Nigerian Universities
General Entry Requirements
To be eligible for admission into the four-year disciplines and five or six-year
professional programmes, candidates must
possess a minimum of five credits at the GCE/WAEC, SSCE/NECO, or SSCE/NABTEB certificate
examinations, which must
include English Language and Mathematics at not more than two sittings.
In addition, candidates seeking admission into Law must possess at least a credit pass in Literature in English. Candidates awaiting GCE/NECO SSCE/WAEC SSCE/NABTEB results are also encouraged to apply provided the results would be available by September, when the new session commences.
- Candidate may also seek admission into the 200 level of the degree programmes with the following qualifications:
- Passes in at least two subjects at the Advanced level and an additional subject at the subsidiary level in the General Certificate of Education Examination. The subjects must constitute a suitable preliminary to the intended courses.
- Diploma/NCE at credit level pass and above in the appropriate subjects from a recognized institution.
- IJMB in the appropriate subjects.
- First Degree in relevant discipline.
- In all these cases, candidates must also satisfy the requirements for matriculation viz: five credit passes at the GCE/WAEC SSCE/NECO SSCE/NABTEB Certificate examinations.
Candidate are required to show evidence of application to JAMB
Candidates applying for admission are required to sit for UTME and obtain the prescribed cut-off marks. This is a statutory requirement for entry into Nigerian universities
In addition, for students seeking transfer from another institution of higher degree of learning to Igbinedion University, Okada, an official copy of Academic Transcript is required.
Candidates who are above 22 years of age will not be deemed eligible for admission. Older candidates may be admitted under exceptional circumstances.
How to Apply
Prospective Students must possess the required WASC/GCE/NECO credits (Advanced level passes/first degrees for direct entry), be registered with JAMB, and pass the UTME.
More about our online application instructions is available on our online application portal.
Accommodation is provided for all STUDENTS at the Okada Wonderland Estate.
Fees and Finances
IUO charges moderate and affordable fees. For details on payment of fees and other financial regulations, please click here
In line with our foundation principles of providing unequalled opportunity for learning and promotion of knowledge, Igbinedion University Okada offers generous scholarships towards the development of scientific research and studies in the humanities in the following disciplines: Banking and Finance, Chemical Science, Microbiology, Sociology, Political Science, Theatre Arts, English, Geography & Regional Planning, Business Administration, Biochemistry, Physiology, and Anatomy. The scholarships are offered on merit and first-come-first served basis.
Post-UTME Screening Date and Centres
Upon completion of your admission form online, you will choose your preferred screening centre. Your screening date will also be provided on your acknowledgement slip upon completion of the admission process.
Candidates who chose Igbinedion University, Okada as their first and second choice JAMB
(UMTE) should also attend the screening
After reading and understanding the admission criteria detailed above, you may now proceed to our main admission portal
Igbinedion University, Okada, Your key to a Successful Future. For more information, contact: Dean of Student Affairs : 08055163397, Admissions Officer : 07032924219, PRO : 08037937287
Dr. Edwin O. Okoro